Namsan International Kindergarten (NIK), is operated by the long-established Seoul Foreign School. NIK is an International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) Candidate School, providing an international, intentionally designed Early Childhood education. NIK’s learning environment is purpose-built to provide a stimulating learning environment for children of 2 to 5 years of age.
The school’s facilities include:
- Garden with grassed areas
- Wading pool
- Indoor multi-purpose room for physical fitness and other extra-curricular activities.
Children thrive in the school’s specially designed Early Childhood environment while developing a love of learning through the PYP, which is an inquiry-based program.
To Achieve Its Vision, NIK Will:
- Provide a child-centered, developmentally appropriate, international curriculum
- Encourage lifelong enthusiasm for learning in a safe, well-designed environment
- Collaborate closely and meaningfully with parents to ensure that children are given every opportunity to thrive and prosper, with an emphasis on social and emotional development
- Offer broad and relevant learning experiences in a transdisciplinary context with a focus on the importance of exploratory learning and active play
- Identify and foster every child’s abilities and talents and help them reach their full potential
- Encourage children to become self-motivated learners
- Equip children to communicate and work effectively with others
- Instill in each child an awareness and respect for others and the world around him/her
- Inspire children to be happy, confident, purposeful and successful