Hosted on Daecheon Beach the Boryeong Mud Festival takes place every summer and includes tons of events such as mud wrestling, mud king contest, and mud sliding.
It’s the perfect event to get down and dirty while beating the summer heat. This festival not only attracts locals from all over the country but also international visitors looking to have a good time. The festival holds many activities like mud wrestling, mud sliding, a marine mud training course, and swimming in a big mud bath. The events are also perfect for kids, as there is a Mud Kid’s Land for children to have fun in the mud.
The highlight of the festival is likely the photo competition, which is a high profile event that invites tons of competition every year. Here, alongside other events, you’ll have the chance to join in on an event called “adventurous silt extreme training,” which is a marine-type extreme training course based silt that features exercises, games, cavalry battles, and even a human pyramid.
The mud itself is very good for your skin and health, so save money on a facemask and just join in on the fun. At night, you can relax or experience some games and watch fireworks with friends at the gorgeous night beach.
How to Get There
- Departure station: Yongsan Railway Station (KTX) (Located on subway line 1 and the Jungang line)
- Train tickets: Regular ticket (16,000 won), Luxury ticket (25,200 won)
- Train details: The train name (Saemaul (express) Train)
- Train route: Yongsan Station – Daecheon Station
- Train Time Table: The train departs every hour from Yongsan Station
- Travel time: Total (2 hours and 30 minutes)
- Arrival station: Daecheon Station
After you arrive at Daecheon Station you will need to take a local bus to Daecheon Beach. A bus headed towards Daecheon beach leaves from Daecheon Station every 10 minutes. The bus ride will take about 40 minutes.